Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One Sad Conversation

This afternoon my mother called me; excited about winning three prizes at a church social. Both of my parents are Roman Catholics, in their late 70's. She won a candy dish, a game about telling fortunes, and something else...but because she said "fortune telling" I lost my train of thought in our conversation. She said to me "I know you wont be happy about the fortune telling game". I told her God is very explicit in His Word concerning how He feels about fortune telling; and this is not acceptable to Him. She said "God doesn't mind it". I said "How do you know, do you know what is in His Word about this stuff?" She laughed at me saying how silly I was, and I had to fight back tears like I do so now. How many people have fallen for this stuff? Psychics, horoscopes, white magic...because they see it as harmless fun. Or as psychology--as in the case of hypnosis. How many people have fallen for a false gospel, one which asserts you can pray for the dead and pray to dead saints or get saved just by attending a church. Folks, when you die its too late. No one can pray for you nor can you as the living pray for someone who has passed on. You go to one of two places: Heaven or Hell. You can add all the man made doctrine to the Word of God you want to, but it will not change Him or His Word which abides forever. My prayer is that everyone reading this will choose life through Jesus Christ and not look to the philosophies and doctrines of men; but instead rely on the Word of God and believe it.

DEUTERONOMY 18:9-11
9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.