Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Few Facts On Bald Eagles




Thought I would lighten up a bit and change the subject matter. I am someone who really appreciates the things God has given to us through nature, and I like looking at nature photos. In the animal kingdom, I particularly like bald eagles, as they are so majestic, so regal, and downright tough! One day, when all things work together, I plan to go to Alaska. From what is seen of it through videos and photos, it is one of the most beautiful places on the earth. I want to share a link to a wildlife web cam, because watching a pair of eagles raise their young can be a once in a lifetime event. Here are some very interesting facts on bald eagles.

*Bald eagles are monogamous.
*Their wingspans range 72 to 90 inches.
*They are renowned for their excellent eyesight.
*The average bald eagle has around 7,000 feathers!
*Bald eagles can dive up to 150 to 200 mph.
*Some bald eagles nests have weighed as much as two tons!
*When a bald eagle loses a feather on one wing,
it loses a matching one on the other wing, to keep balanced.


Eagles are occasionally mentioned in the Word of God, in both positive and negative ways. Personally, I just like them simply because they are awesome and interesting creatures. Only about a year ago--June 28, 2007, were they taken off the "Enangered Species List". The web cam can be visited here: Go to cam