Thursday, July 10, 2008

Video--NAR and Lakeland

Another video. Ties the New Apostolic Prophetic Movement to the "revival" in Lakeland Florida.



I know at times my words seem rather harsh against the new apostles and prophets. The healing revival at Lakeland Florida has brought about a discussion of a possible "civil war" in the church. However, looking in the New Testament, conflict between those in the Church is nothing new.

It is imperative to keep in mind that most of the people involved in this revival are deceived. I say “most”. I also want to say I believe in supernatural healing, and I believe God still uses real apostles and prophets today. Unfortunately, there are tons of fakes out there, some being used knowingly, but mostly unknowingly by the enemy. This problem is exacerbated as these people embrace New Apostolic Reformation theology and it is loaded with error.

At times these exchanges have gotten very nasty, from both sides. I too have gotten a bit miffed, and I have to remind myself; the majority of these people are deceived. I do, and continue to pray for them fervently to come out of this deception. It has new age components, along with lying signs and wonders. What will believing in a false type of gospel do for you, a false Jesus? It could lead you to Hell! And when you see people you care for, even people you do not know falling for lies and deception through “supposed servants” of God, it can be very frustrating.

It is so critical to stay in the Word. It is our anchor.

II Timothy 2:15
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.