Monday, July 28, 2008

Not Perfect... Just Forgiven

My sister was with me recently as I went about doing errands, and I was telling her about a particular t-shirt I was wearing. I told her before we went into a Walmart how every time I wear this shirt, people stop and inquire about it. On this shirt is a form of a cross, and letters which state “NOT PERFECT… JUST FORGIVEN”. We went into Walmart and before we could walk five paces with our carts, a person approached me and inquired about it. Nearing the housewares department, another person inquires of it. My sister said “Wow, you’re not kidding. People really do notice this shirt.” I have had many people inquire about it in different places. I never realized how t-shirts can be such a great witnessing tool, and some more so than others. People often think “I have to change myself to come to God”, and that is ‘backwards’ as to how God works out salvation. It is His goodness, His righteousness which saves us, and not our “goodness”.

Romans 3:
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:


Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.