Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The New Apostolic Prophetic Movement

I have been educating myself on the apostolic prophetic movement. Something is most definitely wrong with it, and it is apparent to me that it has become an idolatrous self-serving machine. These are suppose to be church leaders? I am talking about the “New Apostolic Reformation” crowd and all its constituents who partake in this mess. They have created their own doctrine to justify doing a “new thing”... “their thing”.

There are some true apostles and prophets out there. Most of them (not all) you will never hear about, as they are busy doing a work for God as opposed to promoting themselves or hanging out with like-kind. Nor should we go by blanket assertion of all apostles and prophets, although for simplicity’s sake, I will exclude referring to the real to complete this blog entry.

I left an apostolic prophetic ministry a few months ago, and had I done my homework thoroughly, I would had never hooked up to this ministry. Always take an intense look at the groups a ministry is aligned to. This was first and foremost the greatest mistake I made. The second was being too forgiving of doctrinal error. I don’t believe anyone is 100% in the know, if you believe you are, you’ve got a pride problem. We all grow and learn, but lately we have seen accounts of gross and excess error, and dangerous error at that.

I leave myself open to change, and open to correction. I have noticed most of the apostolic and prophetic crowd believe they are beyond admonishment and correction. They are obstinate and belligerent when it comes to discussing error on their part, and their groupies act the same. Close minded and resistant to any calm discussion. Nevertheless, if they know Jesus Christ, I have hope for them and will earnestly pray for them.

These modern day apostles and prophets spend most of their time exalting the apostolic and the prophetic. They have become a legend in their own minds, and they literally cannot get enough of themselves. And sadly, they are leading a lot of people into grievous error. And they are also targeting young people and leading them into grievous error.

Is it of no surprise when you point out their error and falseness, they immediately accuse you of having a religious spirit? They will assert “tis the spirit of Jezebel”. Anyone not in agreement with their doctrinal error and demonic manifestations will be accused of having a religious mindset. It’s a cop-out and a demonically inspired defense mechanism; but because they are so deceived, they rarely if ever entertain the possibility of being deceived. They have shoved aside the voice of the Holy Spirit over and over; they now hear the enemy and what they want to hear. They will assert anyone opposed to them must not believe in the supernatural. I believe in it, and I can tell you right now, give me the real deal and not the counterfeit. I will seek Him and if He gives me a supernatural experience from Him, so be it. If not, so be it. They come to rely on faulty revelations, visitations, dreams, more than the Word. And they add and add to it. And they glorify themselves for it. They say 'we yearn for these encounters because it draws us closer to God'. Not if it is deception from the enemy. Not if He becomes secondary in the process. And not if it is about “see how chosen I am”.

Sapphire dust and Crisco oil, angelic encounters of the worst kind anyone? Their bogus third heaven experiences scream “look at me, I have arrived and I can impart a pound of deceptive hogwash to you for the low price of $29.95 per cd, $45.00 for dvd. Some of this stuff is so rigged, it would be down right laughable if it were not so crooked and so demonically engineered. Do third heaven experiences happen? We know from the Word they do, but should one seek them expressively out, or should we allow God to grant such an experience to us for His purposes? God is handing these people over to their idolatrous gods, and giving them what they truly crave, and what they crave is demonically inspired. It’s more about them, their supernatural encounters, than it is about Him. Yet they think it’s about Him. As long as it looks good, sounds good, it most be God? Right? No WRONG!!!


Would satan be so obvious as to deceive these people with blatant lies, or would he be subtle about it? Would he not come quoting the Word as he did to Jesus when He was fasting in the wilderness? Would he not lift his rotten hands up in the air, and say “we give homage to you Lord”. Could he not say “Jesus my King?” The new apostolic prophetic movement has become like a seemingly wondrous long banquet table with really good looking and tasting food, but each dish contains one drop of arsenic. Just enough to kill you, and possibly send you to Hell. Thanks but no thanks.

Matthew 7:13-23
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.



The Word of God must be our gage in these things. Secondly, we need to stop shoving the voice of the Holy Spirit aside when He prompts us that something is awry. Do these people remind you of the apostle Paul or of a power and money hungry apostolic prophetic dictatorship? And now they read, and say “doth not in submission to authority”. Even in my limited knowledge, I never went chasing experiences, or exalted apostles and prophets as if they were gods. Yes, my former mentor knows far more Word than I, has an established ministry, and has all kinds of “third heaven experiences”.… I rather have limited knowledge of truth then a big plate of falsehood any day, but we all should endeavor to be studious in the Word. These people are in love more with the apostolic and prophetic, third heaven experiences brought to them by devils, than they are with the Lord Jesus Christ. And did not the Lord say “If you love me, keep my commands”. It’s not just a feeling.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

2 John 1: 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Exploitation, manipulation, greed, liars, lust have too often characterized this bunch. Is that keeping His commandment? You say there are no perfect people. True. But as Christians we out to at least out do the world on these issues.

They are not interested in His commands, they are interested in “prophetic revelation”, gold dust, and thrill seeking. Interested in cranking out cds and dvds. Interested in going from seminar to seminar. Interested in making big time bucks off of meetings. Interested in telling so and so about their dream, so that it hits the popular prophetic and apostolic newsletters. Interested in people looking up at them all big eyed, saying ‘I need a word from the Lord’. Interested in selling dream interpretations and putting money into ill-gotten bank accounts. Interested in having all the major players on a stage at one time, so its more power packed as if the Almighty God needed help. Interested in selling prayers clothes to kill your loved ones off with an “anointing” straight from Hell. Interested in autographing their books which contain a coupon for 2% off their latest cd. Interested in building provocative myspace pages, exchanging and purchasing advertisements off each other’s websites, and promoting their latest revelation. Interested in marketing goofy music and art, like really prophetic you know. And yet, the Lord is still there, and I believe He will help anyone to see who wants to see return to Truth.